Friday, September 3, 2010

Laundry Detergent

My quest for a new laundry detergent started again recently. I want to try and spend the next few months cloth diapering my 2 year old. I know he is sometimes aware of when he has gone to the bathroom. We have a new Baby Bjorn potty seat which works for peeing. No success with pooping. He does recognize that his "tummy hurts" and the dirty diaper after wards. Now let's connect the two please!

I was introduced to the Rocking Green Soap when I went to a session on cloth diapers a month ago. They handed out a bunch of samples. There are 3 formulas: Hard Rock , Classic Rock and Soft Rock. And all you need to wash cloth diapers or a load of laundry is 2 tablespoons full. While the formulas have scents, I didn't smell anything after the wash.

And tonight's adventure was about making my own. I've read my share of blogs and many many of them have different recipes. For the most part, they are the same - or at least the same concept. I liked this one because it was simple and and explained it well. I made a double batch tonight. (will post pictures later) The few loads I've washed tonight came out clean. There weren't bubbles in the machine when I checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment